this is so god damn beautiful
HH: Visitor in their element.
Like all whales, narwhals need to surface for air, but as global warming causes more rainstorms in the Arctic, open areas of water can quickly turn into impenetrable ice sheets, preventing the narwhal from gasping for breath.
Narwhal whales, off northern Baffin Island, Canada - Photo by Paul Nicklen
Whale Watching Wowsapalooza!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Whaling commission ponders suspending hunting ban (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Fin whale stranded in Danish fjord (sfgate.com)
- Baby beluga whale Nala dies at Vancouver Aquarium (ctv.ca)
- Kayak With Whales Argentina Patagonia - From Our Exclusive Beach Camp (prweb.com)
- Videos: Killer Whales Seen Up Close off Orange County’s Coast (laist.com)
- Whales will be the losers if talks collapse | Philip Hoare (guardian.co.uk)